Seton Hall University Law School, 1999, cum laude and Rutgers College, 1996
Victoria A. Flynn is an experienced litigator, representing public and private clients, in State and Federal Court, at both the trial and appellate levels, in complex civil litigation matters. Ms. Flynn also specializes in counseling clients on Labor and Employment matters, which includes negotiation of employment contracts and severance agreements and conducting internal investigations of allegations of civil violations in the workplace. Ms. Flynn utilizes her litigation skills to represent clients in lawsuits involving employer/employee disputes (i.e., contract disputes, discrimination and civil rights claims, and whistleblower lawsuits).
Ms. Flynn is a graduate of Seton Hall University Law School (1999, cum laude) and Rutgers College (1996). She is licensed to practice law in the State of New Jersey and the United States District Court of New Jersey. Following law school, Ms. Flynn was selected by Justice Jaynee LaVecchia to serve as her first law clerk upon Justice LaVecchia’s appointment to the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Representative Legal Experience
- Ms. Flynn successfully argued in favor of reversal of an unfavorable just compensation jury award entered against NJ Transit, while also maintaining a favorable judgment entered in NJ Transit’s favor.
- Ms. Flynn has represented municipalities in lawsuits challenging employment-related decisions, as well as prerogative writ matters.
- Ms. Flynn has represented a wide range of public entities in public contract disputes from the bidding stage all the way through the construction phase. As a result, Ms. Flynn is well-versed in public contract laws that are applicable to State, County and local entities.
- Ms. Flynn successfully represented clients regarding land use issues, including eminent domain and constitutional issues.
- Ms. Flynn has represented institutions local public school districts, including both state-operated and state-monitored school districts, in various capacities, advising those clients on board governance matters, public records requests, public procurement and contracting disputes, civil litigation matters, labor and employment matters. Ms. Flynn also specializes in special education, having represented both school districts and parents.
- Ms. Flynn has represented institutions of higher education on procurement matters, employee investigations and appellate matters.
- Ms. Flynn successfully advised clients on Federal and State laws that apply to outdoor advertising to obtain outdoor advertising permits from the New Jersey Department of Transportation for one of the largest redevelopment projects in the State.
- Ms. Flynn assisted in the preparation of a reorganization plan to develop a new medical school in the State.
- Ms. Flynn developed an alcohol management plan to permit for the sale and shipment of wine by local wineries
- Ms. Flynn has advised clients through the rulemaking process.
Civic & Professional Memberships
- Member, Supreme Court Committee on Women in the Courts; Member, New Jersey State Bar Association & Women in the Profession Section; President, Holmdel Board of Education; Member, Holmdel Theater Company; Member, Holmdel Library Foundation; Panelist for Quality in Education Summit, Jan. 30, 2014; Recipient of Nutley Jaycee Service Award, Outstanding Young Woman of the Year - 2013